Why, yes, I’m once again a guest at my home convention, Necronomicon in Tampa. It’s been around for 35 years and I’ve been attending for 23 of them. This year’s event takes place on October 28th through the 30th at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay.
I’ll be on panels this year about:
- Humorous Fiction (Friday at 4pm)
- Short Fiction: Where to Begin (Friday at 5pm)
- Plotting a Mystery (Friday at 9pm)
- Horror: Is Splatter Necessary? (Saturday at 11am)
- Drawing on Urban Legends (Saturday at 2pm)
- Movies and Monsters (Saturday at 4pm)
- The Fine Art of Exposition (Saturday at 6pm)
- The Care and Feeding of Your Creative Process (Sunday at 11am)
Holy shit. That’s a lot of panels. I’m okay with you not coming to every single one of them; that’s probably the legal definition of a stalker. But for full credit, you should come to at least, I don’t know, let’s say six.
I’m told there are other things going on at the con this year like a masquerade and some gaming and panels about non-Will-related subjects, too.