This year, somewhat oddly, I’m attending two Necronomicon conventions: the Lovecraftian celebration in Providence back in August, and the beloved one in Tampa I’ve been attending for 35 years coming up next Friday, September 23rd.
As always, I’ll be joining the usual suspects on panels including my comedy partner Richard Lee Byers as we amiably talk shit about whatever we’re asked. This year on Saturday 9/24, I’ll be feigning competence about:
- 10am: Norse Influences on Entertainment Media, where my grandfather would be proud to see me even though I broke his heart by not learning to speak Norwegian.
- 12pm: How to Create Convincing Monsters
- 2pm: How to Keep It Funny
- 7pm: How to Stay Creative
- 9pm: How to Add Mystery to Your Fiction
Wow, looking at it all in a list, I’ll apparently be busy. If you’re interested in any of these topics or the other great ones we’ll be talking about all weekend, drop by the Embassy Suites at USF!